With an influx of global tourism visiting our properties throughout Mexico and the Caribbean, The Excellence Collection is fully committed to our guests’ and staff’s safety and wellbeing. Considering the recent cases of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and our guests’ concerns of its spread, we would like to reassure you of our rigorous hygienic standards and our dedication to our dear guests…
What are our properties doing?At The Excellence Collection, all our properties and the staff within them are trained and prepared to respond and act accordingly in case of a virus outbreak. We strictly follow official guidelines and regulations from authorities of each country in which we operate, those being Dominican Republic, Jamaica and Mexico, and we also take into consideration recommendations from expert global and local entities such as the World Health Organization and the Pan American Health Organization.
In light of recent concerns, our properties have begun to implement more stringent measures to avoid the spread of COVID-19 or any other virus. We are currently utilizing special wide-spectrum virucidal chemicals throughout the premises, more specifically in our air-conditioning systems and for deep cleaning of guestrooms.
In addition to the special measures mentioned above, the routine cleaning and disinfecting procedures at our hotels include:
- Cleaning and disinfection of the room, cribs, kitchens, restaurants and bars, including high chairs
- Cleaning and disinfection of common areas, such as public toilets, corridors, elevators, stairs and contact surfaces in general, the Kids’ Clubs, playgrounds, toys, children’s theaters, lounges, etc., where applicable.
- We utilize recognized, safe and superior quality chemical products for our cleaning and hygiene operations (broad spectrum chemical products).
- We carry out microbiological analyses for monitoring of hygiene and cleaning procedures.
- Water used for food preparation, cleaning and ice production is potable and completely safe.
- A 24-hour on-site medical service is available at our propertie
- The resorts/hotels have strict health and safety procedures, which are inspected by an outside company that is an expert in the field. Monthly evaluations include:
- Good practices in food preparation
- Food handler hygiene (staff)
- Water management: recreational waters as well as sanitary drinking water facilities.
What can you do during your stay?
Viruses can be transmitted from person to person. The main recommendation is to maintain good hygiene practices to reduce the probability of infection. Specific preventive measures include: Washing hands frequently with water and soap, consuming only cooked food and potable or bottled water, avoiding busy areas, avoiding contact with live or dead animals, avoiding the consumption of raw meat, and avoiding contact with sick people.
Are there any additional restrictions on who can visit our properties?
- Mexico does not have any additional restrictions on which countries can enter.
- The Dominican Republic has suspended flights to and from Europe, South Korea, Iran, and China.
- In Jamaica, travelers who have visited Italy, South Korea, Iran, Singapore, Spain, France, China, and Germany in the last 14 days will not be granted landing privileges at any of the country’s ports of entry. Travelers arriving from the UK will not be allowed to enter. (Certain exceptions are made for Jamaican citizens and residents.)
How flexible are your travel plans with The Excellence Collection?We are excited to welcome you for your next vacation, which is why we are providing an even more flexible policy to honor your reservations and your desire to visit us during this time:
- Rescheduling: We will honor your rate! If you are booked to stay with us through April 30, 2020, The Excellence Collection will honor your existing rate to reschedule your stay to a different date throughout the rest of the year 2020. This new policy applies for existing and new reservations, and reschedulings can be made up to 3 days in advance of your arrival date. Please keep in mind that blackout dates may apply, and rescheduling is subject to availability. Other terms and conditions may apply.
- Cancellation for all new reservations made from March 12, 2020 onwards: Should you decide to cancel your vacation, The Excellence Collection is now offering penalty-free cancellation up to 3 days in advance of your arrival date. For cancellations within 3 days of arrival, we will only apply a 1-night penalty. Keep in mind that you might be subject to penalties with your credit card.
If you choose to make any changes to your vacation, please contact the travel agency or third party seller where you made your original reservation.
If you made a reservation with Vacations by Excellence, please call 1 417 520 5694
If you booked directly with The Excellence Collection, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at:
- Toll Free USA 1 866 540 2585
- Toll Free Canada 1 866 451 1592
- Toll Free UK 0800 051 6244
- Toll Free Mexico 01800 966 3670
What official resources should you read for more information on COVID-19 (Coronavirus)?We recommend checking official government sites to find their detailed Coronavirus information and travel advisories:
- For USA guests, visit the CDCs webpage
- For Canadian guests, visit the government’s Travel Advisory page
- For UK guests, visit the government’s Foreign Travel Advice page