The Excellence Collection, ensuring the safety of its guests and governed by the official information of the National Hurricane Center and Central Pacific Hurricane Center (NOAA), has the following hurricane policies:
- Cancellations: If the National Hurricane Center confirms a hurricane category 1 or higher, any passenger due to travel within 72 hours of the statement will not incur a penalty for rescheduling their vacation. If the guest made the reservation directly with us, he/she may contact our Call Center. If the guest made the reservation through a third party, he/she may contact them directly to reschedule.
- No show: No show penalties will also be waived from the day that the National Hurricane Center confirms the hurricane, and up to 5 days after normal activities are reinitiated at the hotel.
- Early departures: Guests who are currently at any of our properties under threat of impact by the hurricane and wish to depart early, may do so without incurring a penalty and will receive a certificate for the number of unused nights, valid to travel within 1 calendar year of original reserved dates.
- Relocations: In the event of a confirmed hurricane, guests will have the option to transfer their reservation to an alternate The Excellence Collection destination that is not within the storm’s projected path. Relocations to another of our properties will only be accepted if the original reservation was made at any of The Excellence Collection’s hotels and resorts. Rooms will be offered at the same rate based on availability. In the event that rates are lower at the relocating hotel, a credit for the difference will be issued. We cannot guarantee room category and we will not issue a return stay if this option is used.
- Extension: In the event of a hurricane, and guests’ flights are cancelled, guests will have the option to extend their stay according to their new departure flight with a distress rate per room per night.
- Reschedule: If the National Hurricane Center confirms a hurricane and the guest wishes to postpone their vacation and travel at a later date, The Excellence Collection will guarantee their original rate for travel within the calendar year. Guests wishing to use this option must reschedule their trip within 30 days following the hurricane. Blackout periods may apply. Rate protection will only apply to the number of original nights and number of guests booked. Additional nights or guests will be booked at the current rate. No name changes allowed.
- Evacuation: In the event of a confirmed hurricane while our guests are on a vacation, The Excellence Collection will move the guests to safety areas designated by local authorities and will facilitate the urgent departure of those guests who wish to.
This hurricane policy will be effective once the National Hurricane Center (NOAA) issues an official confirmation of a hurricane. In the event of a tropical storm or hurricane warning, this policy will not be valid.
Changes may be made to this policy without prior notice.